Tuesday 22 April 2014

Tools, trees and trash..

Hello again!

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not blogging just to wind up @DocBungle I know it's hard to believe, but it's true.

So I'm sitting here wondering, what on earth should I blog about today, there's bound to be something.

Well, Games Workshop has got a new tool set out, limited Edition (Ooooooh....shiny)  and at the risk of being classed a naysayer, I'm not terribly impressed.

For £90 I think you can buy better quality, that will last you a lot longer. As an example of that, I've had a pair of Xuron micro shears that I've been using regularly for getting towards 15 years that are still as good a tool now as they were then, with just a little care.

Price wise, you can buy a pair of these for the same or less than you would for a pair of Games Workshop clippers.  I'll let you make your own decision on that. 

And now a little update on The Dreaded Trees!


As you can see.. hopefully... they are starting to come along. I've made several changes, I've striped all the wire for starters, sometimes I use 8 strands, sometimes I use 6 or 7. I think Trees usually only bifurcate  but hey, they are twisted mutant trees. Just go with it.



And this is just a photo of my workbench in it's current state. (Which is messy but hey, that's the way I work at times.)

Anyway, catch you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment